Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tunic from pillowcases

I'm pretty sure this project was a success.  Awhile ago I purchase 2 cute pillowcases from Goodwill.  I wasn't sure what I would do with them, but they were only 99 cents and I LOVE polka dots!  Yesterday I pulled one of Child ones shirts out and decided to copy the pattern only make it longer.  I was pleasantly surprised to be able to finish it today.  I tried it on her before she went to bed tonight and she liked it (which says alot).  She even asked if she could wear it to school tomorrow.  I was thrilled!  You see she is at that stage, you know the one where her outfits don't really match, but they are spectacular.  Anyways,  here is the end result.  I really do like it, and will try to get a picture of it on her before she heads out tomorrow.  I like the different color buttons in the back, but it was one of my first buttonhole making experiences. They're to close to the edge. You live, you learn.
Yes, the tunic is hanging on a basketball hoop in my our bedroom. I really need a white wall for a background, but my love for color just hasn't allowed any of those in our home. So I went for convienence and hung it up on the first thing I saw. P.S. cleaning our room is on the to do list

No comments:

Post a Comment