Monday, October 3, 2011

Where I've been

I can't believe I haven't posted in a week! Last week was super busy around here. Monday night Chris and I went to Milwaukee for a Brewer game. Go Brew Crew!


We didn't get home until 2:30 in the morning Tuesday, and anyone who has kids knows that they don't let you sleep in. (For any baseball fans out there the game lasted 4 hours and 13 minutes! And we didn't even win!) So Tuesday I was pretty much a zombie. I had to clean the van and pack because Wednesday we headed to Wisconsin Dells. Teacher's convention always takes place this time of year which means the kids and I get to stay at a waterpark while Chris goes to sessions. The only pictures I have from the 3 days we were there are these 2.

Max actually went down a rather large waterslide all by himself and I didn't get a picture! I was at the bottom waiting to catch him and the camera was somewhere far, far away. Annie really didn't sleep well so that added to the exhaustion that I was already feeling. Thankfully, a wonderful friend was able to come with me and help with the kiddos. Plus, one of the other teachers wives was there with her kiddos which for some reason always helps.

Today Gretchen and I met at the church to do through some of the leftover fabric from "ladies fellowship". This group of ladies used to meet at the church once or twice a month and make quilts for anyone and everyone. They are all older now and due to their failing health no one wanted the fabric anymore. Gretchen and I sorted through most of it. There was some cute and some ugly, but we're pretty excited about it.
This is honestly how we left the room! The kiddos were getting a little restless as we'd totally missed lunchtime, and naptime was already upon us. So we're headed back there tonight to finish cleaning up. You can't see it in these pictures, but there was this really cute duck print that I'm super excited about. I have no idea what to do with it, all I know is it was super funny!

What I'm up to now....well I'm supposed to be hemming some skirt, but I'm scared. Sewing on the curve frightens me. I you-tubed it and got some good pointers, but I'm still scared. After that I have 7 more chair bags to make. Then I would really like to knit or crochet the girls some new hats. This time of year I always pull the yarn out. It's a little weird how that works.

In other news I'm hoping to raise $1600 so that I can go on a missions trip to Argentina with our church. I don't know where that money could possibly come from, but if God wants me to go It will all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment