Saturday, September 17, 2011

One hour baby shower gifts

This could be a super long story if I decided to go into it, but I'll spare you and just say that I had to bring a gift to a baby shower today. So here's what I made...
I made this cute little wetbag. I heard the mother-to-be is considering cloth diapers so I figured she'd need one. I used the tutorial here. Except mine has different dimensions since I only had a 14 inch zipper.
Of course I thought a matching basket would be nice so I whipped one up. It's not the sturdiest thing, but it'll work. I found the tutorial for that here


I didn't get to go to the shower because I was called into work, but I heard it was a smashing success. Although maybe a little disorganized since I was supposed to be heading it all up and wasn't there.....oops! It's a good thing we are all able to work together when that happens.

In other news around here we were able to go visit Dale in the hospital tonight. I'm going to be honest and say he looks terrible, but he has an amazing spirit. He told us he feels really awful about hitting Boomer and hopes the kids are doing alright. We shared how our sweet little Maddy (I'm giving up on not using names) came into the house, sat down on the couch and told her very sad little brother, "It's alright Max now we can get a bunny rabbit." To which Dale said, "Yeah, bunnies are easier to run over!" I'm so thankful that even through this he can joke with us. Getting the strength to go see Dale was harder than I'd expected, not because I thought he'd be upset, but because I knew it was our fault he was there and I felt horrible about it. Praise the Lord that even through this.....somehow....God will show Himself to be good and always in control.
If your the praying type, I'd ask that you pray for a fast recovery for Dale. He needs to have teeth removed and replaced, his skull fractures need to heal and be free of infections, his elbow will probably need surgery, and his left wrist will be in a cast for a while. Those are just the things I know about.
Also if I could ask you to pray for my mom. She's struggling through some emotional things right now. She needs wisdom that only God can give her. Please Lord meet her needs!
That is what's going on here. I'm going to go to sleep now, and hope that in the morning the black bags that have developed under my eyes this week will have faded away.

No comments:

Post a Comment