Thursday, September 1, 2011

Old desk- New desk

This antique desk was given to me 5 years ago for my birthday. I happen to know that my mother-in-law only paid $10 for it. Her and I are like minded when it comes to a good deal. So, the last 5 years this little desk has been moved around our home and used in various ways. I FINALLY decided that it needed a face lift the other day and hauled it out to the garage.
After a little sanding and a few coats of paint, here it is!
I LOVE the way it turned out.
Perfect in front of my blackboard. I should really write something on there.....




















I was also very excited to find an antique metal cabinet at a rummage sale recently for $2. I took it over to the local sandblasting place yesterday and they promised to clean it up and repaint it for me. I'm very curious to see how it looks when I get it back. Disappointment though is I forgot to take a before picture. All I will tell you is it was ridiculously cute, but was very rusty all around the bottom.

Linking up at



No comments:

Post a Comment