Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Weekend Away

I was invited (actually I invited myself) to spend the weekend with my good friend Gretchen at her Mom's house. My WONDERFUL husband told me I could go all by myself! In the last 5 years I've been away from my kids overnight a total of 3 times. One trip was spent with a bunch of seniors on their class trip. The 2 other times were one night getaways with my husband. It has been a long time since I've been able to remember who I am without my family. BOY DO I MISS THEM!
I spent the weekend in the middle of nowhere (sorry, Gretchen). We were able to stop at thrift stores, antique shops, a flea market, and a Candy Shoppe. Did I mention that I am having a blast! I really am!
We saw all these wonderful things at the flea market. No I didn't buy them! I'll post later about the wonderful things we did buy!

I also went with Gretchen to a wedding she was photographing. It was interesting. Her are a few of the pictures I took.

Like I said we were in the middle on nowhere :) Here are a few actual wedding photos.

We will be headed home tomorrow. Tuesday I'm hoping to get a little photo shoot in of the dress I've been making for myself. If the kids allow I'll post some more pictures of our adventures tomorrow night. We're planning some more antique shopping and a kayaking trip tomorrow morning before we head out.













No comments:

Post a Comment