Thursday, August 18, 2011


Talk about eye opening! This book really changed how I think. Now when I pay the bill for the high speed internet and the instant movie access I feel guilt. That money could really be helping people in Asia, and throughout the world. I know as American's we are extremely blessed, but I think we accept the way we live as the norm. There are so many things we could give up to make someone elses life a little better. By better I mean giving them 2 meals a day instead of one, providing clean water for drinking, giving them an education, buying them an ox or sewing machine so they can earn a living for themselves. I think I'll start my own fund. Whenever I say no to myself and put back something I WANT at the store, or refrain from clicking the BUY button from something neat online I'll transfer that money instead into an account so I can give someone else something they really NEED! Anyone with me?
If your interested in reading this book you can get a free copy here.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the SAME EXACT WAY. I was blessed with the opportunity to spend some time ministering to orphans and teen moms in Honduras. The unthinkable happened...they ended up ministering to me! They get MAYBE one meal a day and they were giving little.old.me love. Talk about having your perspective changed. I will never be the same. And thanks for the link...I just ordered a copy of the book!

    ReplyDelete